Pages

2011-12-07

Dawn

I had been awake the whole night
All the while thinking only of you
Of the very many days of distance
And the days of nearness so few.

I was standing by the open window
Night had not touched the bed,
The dawn was breaking yonder
The east skies where painted red.

The world was new and fresh
The dew had washed them all;
The green leaves and black stones
And the spring-time water-fall.

The living world was up and about
The birds filled the air with song;
Songs of wordless sweet melodies
That Mother-Earth sang along.

A new day was upon us all
In all its untamed glory, too;
How I wished from my heart
To share this sight with you.

So, I give you this breaking dawn
I give my whole life to you,
Everything that is dear to my heart,
And all that I ever held true...

No comments:

Post a Comment