Pages

2011-11-23

Silence


Life was getting just too overwhelming,
Inundated in chaos, drowned by noise;
Desperate for an escape from this world,
I couldn't even listen to my own voice.

I chose to be a recluse, a world of my own,
A world without Saints and beyond Sin;
So I built towering walls all around me,
All alone, I just closed myself within.

I shut the doors, blocked out the sights,
The world was now a distant fading past;
Was finally starting to enjoy the silence,
The frayed nerves were soothed at last.

But peace did not stay, silence got dreary,
And thoughts in my mind were now chained;
All I heard were eerie echoes of my voice,
Soothed nerves now started to be strained.

It no longer made sense to stay cooped up,
It was time to bring those walls down;
It was time to make my presence felt again,
And once more find my own niche in town.

Silence keeps playing its tricks on us all,
It always was a curse as well as a boon;
It appeared never too late to displease,
Its soothing touch was never too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment