Pages

2011-04-19

Life


I was living a life of arrogant experience,
Knowledgeable of every move on the mat,
Each new turn of event felt all the same,
I was of the notion, "Been there, done that!"

Lady Luck never seemed to be on my side,
She had strewn my path with numerous trials,
Not many could have boasted surviving them all,
Yet I had come through completely unscathed.

I looked up at the skies and taunted,
"Is that all you have for me to go through?
I still have it in me to face them all over.
You don't give up that effortlessly, do you?"

It is then that I saw those deep watery eyes.
Eyes longing for understanding and care,
Longing for a little word of strength,
Hoping for the love that was never there.

I felt the urge to be by her side,
To make her know I was always there;
To rid those rosy cheeks of tears,
To soothe her heart with words of care.

I tried to tell her how vital she was to me
But somehow my voice choked and I failed;
All I could do was to just stand dumbfounded,
And deep within my heart copiously wailed.

I had lost my most prized possession,
Words failed me for the first time.
I no longer held the enigmatic presence,
I felt like a loser, worth less than a dime.

And then she put her hands into mine,
The smile on her lips showed she knew.
I had been able to bare my heart to her,
Though words used were scantily few.

A strange sense of tranquillity filed my heart,
Life seemed to make sense to me completely anew,
All my previous achievements didn't matter any more,
For it was only now I found the reason to excel.

Life had challenged me to a deadly duel,
And I was the one, who drew first blood,
Life found a whole new meaning for me,
From now on, Triumph was to be my companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment